- 2 pounds ground beef or turkey
- 8 to 10 bacon slices cooked until crispy and crumbled
- 2¾ ounces of cheddar cheese, cut into ⅛-inch cubes
- ¾ jar of Pineapple Bomb BBQ Sauce, plus extra to serve with burgers
- Slice of American cheese for each burger, optional
In a large bowl mix the beef or turkey, bacon, cheddar cheese and BBQ sauce until well combined. Portion out 3½ to 4 ounces for each burger to make a patty. (Ryan suggests making an indent with your thumb in the center of the raw burger meat, about ¼ -inch deep. He says this will keep your burgers from looking like a football!) Place the burgers on a preheated oiled grill over medium high heat for 3½ minutes per side or until desired temperature (145 is medium rare). If using slices of cheese for the burgers, add 20 seconds after you flip to second side.