- 1/2 cup homemade mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Nicely crisped, nitrate-free, thickly sliced bacon
- Grass-fed sharp Cheddar cheese (e.g., Kerrygold)
- Onions grilled in grass-fed ghee with Maldon salt and freshly ground pepper
- 7 ounces grass-finished ground beef per person
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted grass-fed butter
Whisk Creamy Tarragon Sauce ingredients together and set aside in the refrigerator.
Form the meat into 7-ounce patties. Submerge them in a bowl of ice water for 30 seconds. Immediately transfer the burgers to a hot grill and brush with melted butter. Grill over high heat for 9 minutes for medium-rare, turning several times and occasionally brushing with butter. Top the burgers with a slice of grass-fed Cheddar cheese toward the last minute or two of grilling. Assemble your condiments, including the Creamy Tarragon Sauce, and kick back and enjoy.