- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1-1/4 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh orange zest
- 1-1/2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1-1/4 cups sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 cup finely ground graham crackers
- 1 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cream together butter and dark brown sugar.
In a separate bowl, mix together egg, vanilla, orange zest and orange juice. Whisk until combined.
Add wet ingredients to the creamed butter and sugar. Mix well until smooth.
In separate bowl, mix together cranberries, graham crackers, almonds, oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Using a spatula, fold together until all ingredients are evenly mixed together.
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the combined wet ingredients.
Mix until evenly combined.
Shape dough into balls using approximately 2 tablespoons of cookie batter.
Pour turbinado sugar in a bowl or large plate. Roll each dough ball in the sugar to coat.
Place 2 inches apart on silpat or parchment paper-lined cookie sheets. Lightly flatten each dough ball prior to cooking.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Let stand for 2 minutes, then place on cooling racks.
Recipe by Greg Johnson