- ⅔ cups full-fat coconut milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch
- 2 cups hulled and chopped strawberries
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup vegan cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cashew cream
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs, homemade or store-bought
1. Pour 2 tablespoons of the coconut milk into a small bowl, add the arrowroot starch, and whisk until dissolved.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine the strawberries, coconut oil, salt, and maple syrup. Place over medium heat, bring to a simmer, and cook, stirring gently, until the strawberries begin breaking down and releasing their juices, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove the pan from heat and mix in the arrowroot slurry and the remaining coconut milk.
3. In a blender, combine the strawberry mixture, cream cheese, and cashew cream and blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into a bowl, cover, and place it in the refrigerator for a few hours to chill thoroughly.
4. Add the graham cracker crumbs to the ice cream base and freeze in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. You can eat the ice cream right away for a softer version, or freeze it for about 2 hours for a firmer consistency.