Ten Strategies to manage food well
Maggie Davis’ Ten Strategies to Manage Your Food Well
1. Plan at least five meals, either lunch or dinner, that you will prepare and enjoy in the next week.
2. Make your menu plant-centered by including plenty of produce and whole grains.
3. Take time to look through cookbooks, magazines and online to seek inspiration.
4. Write out a shopping list. This cuts down on random processed food purchases.
5. Shop at least once a week.
6. Give your list the color test. Be sure it is not filled with only beige or white items, but rich deep colors too.
7. When you return from the grocery store, prepare your produce. Clean, wash, cut and store properly, so it’s ready for easy use.
8. Don’t wait until 4 pm to decide what you will have for dinner.
9. Delegate some of the prep work and cleanup for mealtime to other family members.
10. Have a meal kit ready or a frozen meal prepared to avoid last minute take-out meals.